Thursday, August 7, 2008

[ Sabahan Bloggers Gathering (the review) ]



2nd August Saturday, SBG was held at The Imperial Hotel, Warisan Square. I went there with Riqi (Hushmonkey.blogspot) and was one of the early 100 to get the gift bags. I was a bit disappointed when there ain’t any Starbucks served as said for the early birds. But that was 20 minutes later. yey coffee!!!



Black Coffee (Americano)


The 10th floor event hall is started to fill in with guests. Saw a few note-able faces over the other side. It's suppose to start around 7 but someone’s late and we (especially me) have to starve while waiting. They were still setting up some equiptment then it started of with speeches and performances… Thank god it wasn't one of those loooong talks. Though Louis Pang was making a joke about it.




Our Host for the night.. DJ SELINA AND DJ FARA

Dinner!!! Foooooooood… yum yum… what’s on the menu? Malas mau ckp. Semua sadap-sadap bah.

Hungry people. me and riqi apa lagi serbu tuh buffet awal2.


lucky draws in between the performances. I was lucky that night (alhamdulillah). But wasn’t sure if I’m using it. I walk most of the time but it would be a fancy wrist watch. Hey… hey… I used to work at a Nike Shop. So it kinda complement my hard work back then(kunun).



Nike Sports-Band and Numbur cantik (as the lady said)

Event ended at 10.30 (so early… start late, finish early. Mcm masuk kerja lambat tp balik awal) with a group photo. Yeehaaaaa!!!

Here’s the juice of my own view. The event was average to me (I'm hearing voices already... and they don’t like me). It's like a plain (but delicious) carrot juice without milk. It wasn’t that boring or great. Though there’s a few suck-ish karaoke-like singing but I liked most of the singing. It was GRAND but just a run of the mill. I know I’m expecting too much but that’s how I rate SBG. It’s just that, this gathering wasn’t something I could remember much.

Attendance should be given to those who really can make it early (or along the event) and not at the end of the event (unlike someone). It wouldn’t be fair for those who paid and worked their ass off into getting there.

The performance was ok lah. I enjoyed it. I love the singing part of the attending guests from SIA (you look wonderful tonight.. at the background). Artist? Richado was ok lah. He’s cute though.


Venue: 9/10
Food: 9/10 (I love the chicken)
Performance:6/10
Activity: 4/10


I personally believe installing an award ceremony would be fun. Not that I disagree with this gathering but if there’s an award ceremony for Bloggers (any title) included would be fun to watch. As a result we will eager to read that person’s blog and bitch about it (evil laugh).


Alas, congrats to the ORGANIZING committee. They manage to pull off a good event. Thanx to the sponsors (whom I lazyly not to mention). I was having fun but WE still need to figure out what would make an event for bloggers much more memorable.

I said WE because I think we're in this together
[ KEEP SMIRKING AND SAVE THE WORLD ]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ter-miss that event cuz Im not home and occupied with work and study here...tp sia pun se7, klu ada award2 pun mesti siok kan, dr style ko cerita mcm buring ja tu aktiviti...ptt ada ice breaking activiti jg kan..hmm anyway SGG '08Rawk!!!

aleaf said...

ehhehe.. ada sikit buring jg la tuh event. ekekeke.. maybe sia nda mingle around byk sgt.

ReNo said...

yabah Joy, teda icebreaking? huhu dtg gitu balik gitu jg, nda kenal. at least kastau kategori bloggers by list yg hadir ka sort of la. Hey ko menang cabutan bertuah, tahniah..err klu ko x mau Aleaf kasi saya la k. jan ko buang plak..hehe hope to join u guys next time..

akusiktauk said...

kn besh klu ada gathering bloggers s'wak cam 2..
leh pnjam ke watch tu? nice r.
he3.

Unknown said...

uinah! next tyme i'm soOo gonna copyright my ideas... ini tidak adil... hahaha! bah x pa la, i gave you the privilege to point out the ideas on my behalf, coz me myslef pun mcm x sampae ate mao tulis review...

hehehe... at least ada jg org brought out the matters... it's better than 'wow! best gila itu SBG!'... mcm ketara btol mao jilat kake organyzers... oops!

Unknown said...

Yup agree no icebreaking...
i beat the sabahan time 530pm.. i notice you came early too... we have to wait for others.. manage to see the sunset.. hehehehe...
eventho we didnt get the chance to talk that nite.. at least we have exchange link!!
Thanks

aleaf said...

Ala it happens that we have the same opinion and ideas tp I wasn't blurting it out because u odi said it. so i keep it to myself. not everything's ur way jg bah. ekekekek.. u diz... but it's an honor to hv the same thinking as you

aleaf said...

alus alus. it was a good thing we were early. can see the sunset. hehee.. thats k can meet sme other time.

Anonymous said...

Okay Aleaf. Your post is noted by us :)

Anonymous said...

oopz..