Saturday, July 12, 2008

[ The Holiday ]

The movie that I extremely adore (it's a chick flick... well sort off). Starring Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet And Jack Black
This are some of the lines I took from a scene of Kate Winslet realizing that the man she loves was in love with someone else. (I cried every time I watched this scene.. and the whole movie)



"Those years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I've been cursed by being in love with a man who DOES NOT and WILL NOT love me back.

It doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get
or gyms you join

or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends...

you still go to bed every night going over every details
and wonder what you did wrong

or how you could have misunderstood
and how in the hell,
for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy.

Sometimes you even convince yourself that he'll see the light
and show up at your door...

And after all that..
however long all that maybe,
YOU'LL GO SOMEWHERE NEW
,

you'll meet people who make you feel WORTHWHILE again.


And little pieces of your soul will finally come back;
and all that fussy stuff
and
those years of your life you've wasted...
that...
eventually
begin to fade."


And here's the video. enjoy it! catch her saying the lines starting at 2.22:


No comments: